We recognise and value:
1. the protection of your personal information; and
2. that you have an interest in our collection and use of your personal information.
We collect personal information:
1. when you interact with us online, over the phone, by email, in person or through other means of communication; and
2. in order to assist you with the supply of barcodes and any related assistance or other purposes requested through such communication.
The type of personal information we collect includes your name, billing address, email address, IP address, device identification and any additional information you provide to us.
Information will only be collected directly from you unless you authorise another person to provide the information.
Cookies are used to assist you to navigate around our website and to streamline the service provided to you. Cookies used on our website transfer data about barcodes you purchase to the checkout.
Log files track actions occurring on the Websites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Websites.
We do not collect personal information or associate the information collected via cookies, log files, web beacons, tags or pixels with other personal information we collect.
The personal information you provide is used for purposes related to our primary business operations, which is the supply of barcodes. Examples of when your information may be used include:
1. informing you about our barcodes;
2. providing you with the barcodes you have requested;
3. administration needs in relation to providing you with barcodes, including your account;
4. dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
5. marketing our barcodes generally; and
6. carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement imposed on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use personal information for purposes, as would be reasonably expected by you, in connection with those activities described above.
6. Interacting with Us
If you contact us with a general question we may interact with you anonymously or through the use of pseudonyms.
However, you are required to provide true and accurate details when requesting the supply of barcodes. You agree you will provide accurate information if so required.
7. Sharing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
1. employees, a related company and professional advisors such as our lawyers;
2. payment service providers when processing your payments, including Stripe and Pay Pal;
3. law enforcement agencies to assist in the investigation and prevention of criminal activities; and
4. third party contractors or service providers with whom we have a business association, including:
1. accounting service providers; and
2. information technology service providers including cloud application providers.
8. Overseas Disclosure
Our website, email server and customer relationship management system are hosted in the United Kingdom.
Our main base of operations is in Brisbane, Australia. Our staff are located in Australia and they have access to your data.
While we do not otherwise actively disclose your personal information to any other overseas entities, we do engage service providers such as cloud data services, who may have international data centres and disaster recovery sites. Consequently, these providers may have access to your information.
We rely solely on reputable organisations for such cloud services.
9. Reitec’s use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how you use the site.
Cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before and what site referred you to our web page.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
10. Security of your Personal Information
We store your personal information using secure servers protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we endeavour to only hold personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date, if you become aware your information is no longer accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us.
11. How to access or correct your Personal Information
Upon your request and after satisfying ourselves of your identity, we will provide access to your personal information we hold except in certain prescribed circumstances which include, where:
1. we believe giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
2. giving you access would be unlawful;
3. granting that access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
4. the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
5. there are anticipated legal proceedings.
12. Disposal of personal information
If we hold personal information about you, and we do not need that information for any purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify that information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), unless we are prevented from doing so by law.
The information we collect about you is minimal in line with the principle of privacy by design. You may make a request to us in writing to remove your personal information and, where permitted, we will do so in accordance with the APP and the GDPR. Where you have provided personal information to us and have:
1. not purchased barcodes we can delete your personal information upon request by you;
2. purchased barcodes we cannot delete your personal information for 7 years as we are required to hold these financial records pursuant to section 286 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
13. Complaints procedure
Your privacy is important to us. If you have a complaint or concerns about our information handling processes as they relate to your personal information, we ask that you first contact our privacy officer whose contact details are listed below.
You have a right to lodge a complaint and obtain a judicial remedy. Under Australian law an individual’s right to privacy is protected under commonwealth law and administered by the Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner. If, after we have conducted our investigations you are still not satisfied then we ask you consult with:
The Office of the Australian Information Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Alternatively contact a supervisory authority in your home jurisdiction.
14. How to contact us
If you have any queries, questions, concerns or wish to make a complaint regarding how we deal with your personal information please contact us:
PO Box 150
For further information about privacy in general, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website located at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Alternatively, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided above or the supervisory authority in your home jurisdiction.